Re: how to shade the background in every other row?

Thanks!  That's something I've wanted to do in gnumeric for a long
time-- decades!  I tested it out, works good, but found also that things
got messed up when I inserted a row in the Autoformated part.  Then
doing the same again on the new (but the same) selected area really
messed things up... made a dark square block inside the selected area.
So I think this sort of Autoformatting should be done last, when there
will be no more additions to the spreadsheet.