Re: how to shade the background in every other row?

Select area
Format->Auto Format

You probably want one of the list templates.

On Tue, Jun 12, 2018 at 12:54 AM bill <billd post com> wrote:

Hi all,

Another "newbie" question, if i might...

I've noticed that in larger spreadsheets the author often shades every other row a light gray making it
easier for the eye to discriminate between rows. I can do this manually but it's very time consuming, and
is broken anytime i add or delete a row. Can someone please tell me the formula to do this and how to apply
it? Many thanks!

peace
bill dobbins