Re: set decimal separator permanently

Hi Thomas,

Am Wed, 13 May 2015 11:24:44 +0000
schrieb Thomas Levine <_ thomaslevine com>:

I think Gnumeric's settings dialog isn't the best place for it;
your window manager is probably a better place. Moreover, your window
manager probably does this already. Do you use, for example, KDE or
GNOME?

I'm using Mate. I tried to edit the default program for gnumeric
files via: right click on gnumeric file in caja -> Properties -> Open
with -> Add -> Userdefined ... -> LC_NUMERIC="en_US.UTF-8" gnumeric

But all I get is a warning that the application »LC_NUMERIC=en_US.UTF-8«
is not found.

I also tried to edit the Mate Menu via mozo. I replaced the command
'gnumeric' with 'LC_NUMERIC="en_US.UTF-8" gnumeric'. This results in
gnumeric not being started anymore by the menu entry. And it also
deletes all the default entries for that file type (see above).

Best regards
Robert