set decimal separator permanently

Hi all,

I would like to have a "." decimal separator in gnumeric on my
non-english debian system. According to numerous post in the list and
on other websites you have to set LC_NUMERIC. I put the entry

export LC_NUMERIC="en_US.UTF-8"

to the end of .bashrc and when I start gnumeric from the terminal it
works. But when I open gnumeric files via filemanager the decimal
separator is still ",".

How is it possible to permanently change the decimal separator to
gnumeric, regardless how gnumeric is opened?

Best regards
Robert