connect mouse event handler to a goffice chart

Hi,

I am developing a GTK3 application where i use some goffice chart widgets to plot data. I would like to connect some mouse events to these widgets. My question is whether it is possible to connect signals to the top level gtk widget or i can connect signals to chart elements too? For example, if i have a bar chart and move the mouse over a bar a tooltip pops up and shows the value associated to the bar. What type of signal is emitted in this case (what type of signals are available for goffice chars in general)? I would appreciate an short example. Thanks in advance.

Br,
Szabolcs