Fw: Gnumeric Library API Vs Libspreadsheet API

Hi,
I checked the libspreadsheet library home page link "http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/libspreadsheet/pages/lib-spreadsheet-api/" and the APIs seem to be C++/Lua/Object-Oriented-like.

For example:
local
mySheet = myBook:Add("My first sheet");
mySheet = myBook:Add("My second sheet");
mySheet = myBook:Select("My first sheet"); -- Get the first sheet again

From what I observe, the above example's syntax seems to reflect purely Object/Class-centric syntax, and could not be directly invoked from a pure C program, could it?
Are there bingings for C too, then?

Or am I looking at the wrong libspreadsheet library that Gnumeric uses?

Note:
Also, on my Ubuntu 12.04 system when I tried to install the "libspreadsheet" source, these below results came up:

root@:192.168.41.68:~#apt-get source libspreadsheet- <TAB>
libspreadsheet-parseexcel-perl libspreadsheet-ruby1.9.1
libspreadsheet-parseexcel-simple-perl libspreadsheet-ruby-doc
libspreadsheet-read-perl libspreadsheet-writeexcel-perl
libspreadsheet-ruby libspreadsheet-xlsx-perl
libspreadsheet-ruby1.8

None of these seem to provide any APIs for C.

Could you please point me to the C interface of the libspreadsheet library, or how I could obtain it in any way?

Sorry for sticking to this question for too long, but the Gnumeric/Libspreadsheet APIs seem too programmatically tempting to let go off :).

Thanks & Regards,
Catapult.