Re: Use of the END key

On 03/10/2013 05:53 PM, marc dunord wrote:

For test purposes I have a sheet with cells A1,B1,H1 containing numbers and C5 has a formula in it.

cntrl+right-arrow: go to rightmost filled cell

Does not go to H1. It just moves to B1. If I delete the the contents of B1 then it will go to H1. It seems that key combination skips over blank cells to the next one occupied but does not simply go to the last occupied cell in the row.

cntrl+end: go to rightmost bottom cell

Ok, this goes to H5.

cntrl+shift+right-arrow: selects whole filled row

This selects A1 + B1. Again it seems like it skips blank cell but only goes to the last occupied cell if there are no intervening occupied cells

cntrl+shift+end: selects whole range of filled cells

Yes this selects A1:H5.

When I said I expected it to go to the end of the row I didn't mean to sound like that was some universal truth, it is just what I am accustomed to in LibreOffice.

Regards,  Jim

cannot get it to go to the end