Re: A serious flaw in gnumeric's "close" procedure

We don't do temporary files, except when we actually save so
you can kill the process anytime you want if you don't care about
the data.

What you are observing is the regular freeing on data and expressions
in the workbook that happens when you close it.  It's normally a
sub-second process, but when the machine is swapping all bets are
off.

Obviously we could just call exit(1) if the situation where you are closing
the last window and the process therefore will exit.  We have chosen
not to because one path helps with debugging.

If you can share the sheet we can look and see if there is a problem
that is causing us to use unreasonable amounts of memory.

Morten