Re: Autofill with other increment values and reverse cells

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Tue, 01 May 2012 10:30:14 +0200
Von: "Jean Bréfort" <jean brefort normalesup org>
An: scrutinizer gmx at
CC: gnumeric-list gnome org
Betreff: Re: Autofill with other increment values and reverse cells

Le mardi 01 mai 2012 à 08:52 +0200, scrutinizer gmx at a écrit :
Hi,

I just ask, if it is possbile:

1) When autofill, it always increment the relative cell with +1 (as used
to it).
Sometimes I want for example increment by 2 or by -1.

Just fill the two first cells, select both and autofill, the increment
will be evaluated from the difference between the two values.

I was not clear enought I think.

example
  A    B
1 7    =A7
2 6    =A6
3 5    <- here I want to fill, select B1 until B7 and "Autofill", B1 and B2 drag with the mouse until row 7
4 4
5 3
6 2
7 1

It does not fill (with the following -1 increment value for the relative cell) =A5, =A4, =A3, ..., but

=A9, A8, A11, A10, A13, ...

a) Is it achievable (without any feature request)?
b) if not, it would be a "nice" python ui plugin (with some dialog for
the increment value for exmample)

2) I know the paste special command, where I can "reverse" (flip) the
input. This could be also done with a pyhton plugin(?). Or would it be better
to integrate such functionality into the "core" program?

I don't understand what is missing since you can do that with the paste
special command.

Ok, but not "inplace". But I agree, it is certainly sufficient.