Fill Pattern

Hello,

Does anyone know what could cause the following problem?  When I make a
chart, in the properties window, all options for patterns disappear
other than the option for the plain foreground or background colour.  I
have attached a screenshot.  If I select one of the pattern options, no
pattern is shown and the colour changes to white.

I'm not certain, but I think the change happened when I upgraded from
Ubuntu 10.04 to 10.10.  I'm using Gnumeric 1.10.12 now (I tried
upgrading to this version to see whether the problem would be fixed, but
there was no difference).

Thanks
Catherine