Re: XLS file that is actually HTML

Marlon Nelson wrote:

One of my brokerages allows me to download my trading data in "MS Excel" format. It arrives as an XLS file (attached).

Gnumeric has problems loading it. OO Calc does a much better job. The file turns out to contain HTML. My web browser displays it best.

Is Gnumeric supposed to handle this file properly?

I'm running Gnumeric 1.10.0 on Ubuntu 9.04

--
-eom-