Re: GODataScalar, GODataVector and GODataMatrix removal

On Sat, 2009-04-18 at 18:25 +0200, Emmanuel Pacaud wrote:
Hi,

Here's the patches that removes GODataScalar, GODataVector and
GODataMatrix and moves their functionality into GOData.

It could be possible to go further and also merge the GODataFooVal,
GODataFooStr and GnmGOFooData classes into GODataVal, GODataStr and
GnmGOData.

Comments ?

While I can see that there is a point in moving the GODataScalar and
friends into GOData, I do not like the deletion of those classes, I
think they and their API should be retained (and possibly marked as
depreciated) so not to break applications unneccessarily.

I would also prefer that the changes to GODATA would then allow
arbitrary dimensional objects, not such be limited to dimension 2.

What is the point of negative n_columns and n_rows? If there is no
meaning to that then why are they changed to signed ints?

Andreas