Re: GODataScalar, GODataVector and GODataMatrix removal

Le samedi 18 avril 2009 à 19:33 +0200, Emmanuel Pacaud a écrit :
Hi,

Le samedi 18 avril 2009 à 19:23 +0200, Jean Bréfort a écrit :
I don't understand why this would be needed, or even useful. I need some
time to investigate what would be broken (candidates are abiword and
gchemutils).

It's useful in an application where the data dimension is not know when
we create the GOData object. Which is the case for an application I'm
writing.

May be you create it too early. Would it be possible to implement data
with higher dimensionality with your patch? I have some uses cases for
three dimensional data (may be not in gnumeric though).

At the moment, I strongly disagree with this patch. Anyway, I'll take a
few hours next week to review it thoroughly.

Jean

Even without that, it makes subclassing of GOData much simpler, and
avoid much of the code duplication, which is quite obvious in the
GODataVectorFoo and GODataMatrixFoo classes.

GnmGODataFoo could be merged into a single GnmGOData class.

It also helps to keep things consistent. For example,
go_data_scalar_get_str which returns a const char *, where vector and
matrix variants return char *.

They should all return char*, IMHO.

      Emmanuel.