array functions

Hi,

I know that I can use TRANSPOSE to transpose an array and INDEX to
retrieve a specific cell from the array.

Are there any functions or constructions that would allow me to
(a) flip an array (top to bottom or left to right, since any one with
transpose yields the other)
(b) extract a subarray from an array (My guess would be that INDEX can
be used for that but I can't make it work.)

Thanks

Andreas
--
"Liberty consists less in acting according to
one's own pleasure, than in not being subject

Andreas J. Guelzow
Pyrenean Shepherds