Re: Another try to get a response

There are a few essential points that were not addressed in this thread.
The fact that we do not ship any 1.8.x version compiled for MS-Windows
is because we are still facing major issues. At least, print preview and
contextual help don't work.
When we have a decent windows version, then we can think how to make
things easy for windows users. As long as it is experimental software,
it might give a bad image of what free softawre is to MS-Windows users.
The current development release (1.9.3) is the best we ever had for
MS-Windows, but it is not a stable release, at least officially (it is
not really unstable, I'm using it everyday).

Just my $.02

Best regards,
Jean