Hiperlink

I would like to be able, as in other spread sheets, to put a reference to a file in a cell, and when clicking get the application that created the file open to edit it.
Is there any other way to get this done, a plug in or a script, as a macro, that will get the same result??
This is very important to the use of Gnumeric in my Nokia n810 that i use for check lists, to open xjournal to take notes and sketches.

Thanking in advance,
--
Carlos.