paste special in gnumeric

Hi,

I am trying to use gnumeric instead of OOo on linux (Calc is not ready for what I need). I have encountered
the following problem. I have 2 excel worksheets that open correctly in gnumeric. When I try to copy a column
from one of the worksheets and do a paste special to have values copied (in place of the formulas) it works.
With the second worksheet the paste special in the contextual menu is nor active (greyed). What could be the
eason for that since it is possible to copy the formulas from this same column ? Thanx
Pascal