Re: Are You Using Gnumeric for Work?

I've found with Windows Vista producing histograms or regression on even
moderately large datasets will lead to hangs (long periods of inactivity).
This is not a bug in Gnumeric but an issue with RAM usage and Vista.  The fix
is to have students or your users either:

1) Remove some apps from the startup list in Vista (itunes, msmsg,
blah,blah...) so that not so many programs are running simultaneously or...

2) Do ctrl-alt-delete and kill process for the logged-in user just for the
session currently running.

Vista by itself requires something like 1GB of RAM so your milage may vary
depending on available RAM.