Re: office 2007 testing

On Tue, Sep 11, 2007 at 02:41:04PM -0700, a erickson wrote:
This may be a bit off topic, but I volunteered to review office
2007 for my company's upcoming rollout of the software (perhaps
one day I will convince them to migrate to open source...). If any
of you are aware of any specific issues in office 2007 that I
should include in my report I would appreciate hearing them. Also
as part of my testing I will likely be looking at compatibility
with gnumeric, so if there is anything specific you need to test
that requires office 2007 I will be glad to assist in any way that
I am able. thanks !

XLSX import/export is a current focus of development for the 1.8
release.  For testing you'll need to follow 1.7.x releases, and for
things like charts svn trunk is required.

On the whole I've been please with 2007.  It has raised the bar.
Still lots of irritations.  Our chart object tree is much easier to
navigate, but they've added some interesting tools.