Re: Graph trendlines - a question.
- From: Jean Bréfort <jean brefort normalesup org>
- To: "Gareth.J.Martin" <eclipsing binary virgin net>
- Cc: "Andreas J. Guelzow" <aguelzow math concordia ab ca>, gnumeric-list <gnumeric-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Graph trendlines - a question.
- Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2007 21:44:29 +0200
Le jeudi 05 juillet 2007 à 20:29 +0100, Gareth.J.Martin a écrit :
Can you tell us what you saw and what you expected?
Plotting river stage data against discharge data and adding a power law
I obtained the equation:
ln(y) = 111.778ln(x)-445.855
this is the same as: y = exp(-445.855) * x^111.778
I was expecting something of the form a=cB^d, which is the standard form
for stage-discharge relationships (I do have the exact relationship but
I am unable to get access to my work computer). I imagine it is my bad
maths but I'm just a bit confused! Thanks for the help.
Jean Bréfort <jean brefort normalesup org>
] [Thread Prev