Re: Graph trendlines - a question.

Can you tell us what you saw and what you expected?

Plotting river stage data against discharge data and adding a power law I obtained the equation:

ln(y) = 111.778ln(x)-445.855

I was expecting something of the form a=cB^d, which is the standard form for stage-discharge relationships (I do have the exact relationship but I am unable to get access to my work computer). I imagine it is my bad maths but I'm just a bit confused! Thanks for the help.

Best wishes,
Gareth.