Re: gtk+ build problem - cairo-xlib.h

On Wed, Aug 22, 2007 at 20:11:40 -0400, Prof J C Nash wrote:
I installed Debian Testing under VirtualBox since there is an Ubuntu
package for this.

However, running JHBUILD to build Gnumeric in this environment,

Unless your goal includes test building of the entire stack underlying
Gnumeric, it is easier to use the features of this environment to build
Gnumeric from source:
- Edit /etc/apt/sources.list and add "deb-src" entries corresponding to the
  "deb" entries.
- Run "apt-get update" to fetch information about the sources.
- Run "apt-get install devscripts" to get the "debuild" helper script.
- Run "apt-get build-dep gnumeric" to install the build dependencies of the
  gnumeric package.
- Run "apt-get source gnumeric" to get a gnumeric source tree.
  (Alternatively, use a subversion checkout. Don't use a source tarball -
  a next step needs the debian/ directory which is not part of the source
  tarball)
- cd into the gnumeric directory
- run "debuild -us -uc" to build deb packages or "debian/rules build" to do
  a full build only.

HTH,
Ray
--
To this day we are still wondering what exactly it is, besides prices, that
Microsoft has innovated.