Re: Gnumeric Features

On Mon, Apr 30, 2007 at 12:11:50AM -0600, Andreas J. Guelzow wrote:
On Sun, 29 Apr 2007 08:43:07 +1000
Peter Wills <pjpw bigpond net au> wrote:

No support for Conditional Formatting.  I have read that it is in the
code but does not have GUI support.

You can specify Excel-style conditional formats as custom formats in the
format dialog. General conditional formats are more of a problem since
it isn't clear at all how a gui for them should (or could) look like.

The simpler value based conditions are indeed supported in the UI,
but only allow changing the value layout. and foreground colour.
The more powerful generic conditions are also supported, but do not
have a UI, they need to be defined using xml or another app.  This
has been festering for a long time.  We may need to bite the bullet
and adopt an ugly XL/OOo style interface on the 'something is better
than nothing' approach.