Building gnumeric on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4?

Although Red Hat's release notes for RHEL 4 say that gnumeric is included,
I haven't been able to find the actual package.  I went to try to build
1.6.3, but discovered that RHEL has incompatible versions of various
required libraries.  Working back through older versions to 1.0.x, I still
couldn't find anything that was compatible.  Has anyone managed to get
gnumeric (preferably 1.6) to build on a RHEL 4 system?