Building Macprts Gnumeric package with Python plugin?

   the 'To' and 'Newsgroups' headers for details. ]]

Hello,

I can't get the Macports Gnumeric package to compile with Python support and
I have no clue what the problem is. I have:

- installed all the "optional" dependencies listed on the Gnumeric site,
except for libgda and libgnomedb, which don't build on Macports so far
- removed the "--without_python" flag from the portfile

After building and installing, there are plenty of plugins available, but not
the one for Python. And the py_* functions don't work either, obviously.

Is the Macports package somehow artificially "crippled" and doesn't include
the Python plugin source? Or is there a problem with the Python plugin
itself?

TIA,

Sincerely,

Wolfgang Keller