Re: LibGSF on Windows

Ivan, Wong Yat Cheung wrote:
Ryan Pavlik wrote:
> Hello Gnumeric and LibGSF hackers and users!

Hi there.

> - The zlib dependency.  configure checks for -lz, but the file
> installed with a proper zlib 1.2.3 install is libzdll.a.  Copying this
> to libz.a is hacky, but appears to at least allow the build to advance
> further.  (The build stops at a linking step if you rename rather than
> copy.)
IMHO libzdll.a should be named as libz.dll.a. However it's the official name hardcoded in win32/Makefile.gcc...
I changed it to libz.dll.a as you suggested, and configure went off without a hitch. make install complained about the lack of -lzdll, so i copied the same file to libzdll.a as it was originally. This appeared to work. Thanks!

> libtool: link: warning: library `c:/MinGW/lib/libiconv.la' was moved.
Please try to remove/rename c:/MinGW/lib/libiconv.la. la files on Win32 is not necessary required and somtimes confuse libtool on Win32.

Cheers,
Ivan.
There is no libiconv.la at all (which I think is what the warning is suggesting). I am using the libiconv bin and lib from gnuwin32 (1.9.2) [1] because it seemed more recent and coherent than the one from TML [2] which had been used in its 1.8.1 version for previous versions. Is this what you would recommend?

[1] http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=23617&package_id=17090 [2] http://www.gimp.org/~tml/gimp/win32/downloads.html
--
Ryan Pavlik
AbiWord Win32 Platform Maintainer

"Optimism is the father that leads to achievement." - Helen Keller