Re: spreadsheet file is missing changes

On Thu, 2006-23-02 at 22:35 -0800, Ken Hill wrote:
I just did a search for files with a name containing ".gsf" and found
nothing. I went ahead and spent a good half day recreating the
spreadsheet - it was needed for my son's Cub Scouts Pinewood Derby
race tonight.

I'm going to try and replicate the problem to see if it is a bug. This
is what I did:

1. Created a new gnumeric spreadsheet.

2. Added some new sheets to the file.

3. Saved the file, and left it open.

4. Left my laptop on and the the battery expired, thus turning off the
OS.

DO yuo mena that your laptop shutdown the OS or simply crashed it. IN
the latter case the problem may simply be that the hard drive was not
properly unmounted and the file therefore appears empty. THis would not
be a gnumeric issue.

5. Power-up my laptop and restarted the OS.

6. Opened the gnumeric file, and the data was lost.
Do you have a copy of that gnumeric file? How large does it claim to be?
(ls -l filename)

Andreas

--
Andreas J. Guelzow, Professor
Dept. of Mathematical & Computing Sciences