Re: NEW: axis padding property

With simple graphs, it should be fast enough, i.e. < 0.5 s. Is chart
editor always slow to appear ? Or does it happen only with some of your
charts ?

OK, I exagerated a bit, it is indeed more on the order of 0.5 s.
But this also happens when you switch the selection between various
objects in the properties editor.
Yes, it does happen on all my charts.
Going below ~0.1 s would make gnumeric charts feel faster.

Sure it would be great. And it will happen some day... I'm not sure
about the side pane though, since current property editor will not fit
nicely in gnumeric UI (It's to wide to be on left or right side, and
will leave to much blank space if put on top or on bottom). A dialog
will probably be better.

Please think again about the side pane. It would really be convenient to
not have to launch the property window each time you want to modify a
graph. It would also make useless the preview, because you could adopt
an "instant apply approach"
I know some good graphing softwares like grapher have adopted this
"properties in a side pane" approach.
The current dialog property is not that wide to fit in a side pane,
given also that more and more screen are wide. The dialog may also be
reworked with that in mind.

There's the beginning of direct object manipulation in CVS. But it still
need some work. Currently, chart is completely re-rendered on every
mouse movement, so on heavy graphs it's unusable. What I'll probably try
will be to disable plot area content rendering during manipulation, or
even implement a fast mode which will plot only a subset of graph data.

http://emmanuel.pacaud.free.fr/screenshots/gnumeric/goffice-mouse-01.gif

Great!