Re: Gnumeric on Scientific Linux

I recently had occasion to build gnumeric  (1.4.3) on a Solaris 7 box used as
a spectrometer controller.  The dependency tree is a bit daunting, but possible.
Details available (I took careful notes) - mailto:Norm Reitzel utsa edu

The only reason you were able to do that is that I have been keeping
Gnumeric and all its dependencies honest.  I have been compiling on
Solaris 2.8 for years.

For me, the most difficult piece to resolve was a very old (ancient) X running
on solaris, and the requirement for XFt and XRender.

We did not use to require XRender.  Could you check what is not requiring
it, as opposed to just strongly suggesting it?

Morten