Re: embedded newline?

On Sat, Oct 15, 2005 at 06:14:31PM -0400, Atom Smasher wrote:
On Sat, 15 Oct 2005, Morten Welinder wrote:

according to my documentation
(share/gnome/gnumeric/1.4.3/doc/C/data-types.xml), i should be able to
use ALT+ENTER to add a literal newline within a cell. when i try it,
all it does is move to the next row.

any ideas?

This works for me, but I suspect it might be an issue of which "alt" you
use.

huh? my keyboard has 2 ALT keys, and they both seem to be doing the same
thing.

i also tried ESC+M..., but ESC clears the cell.

What platform (linux vs win32) ?
Can you bugzilla the report along with more info about your keyboard
layout and the versions of gtk & glib you are using.