Re: embedded newline?

On Sat, 15 Oct 2005, Morten Welinder wrote:

according to my documentation (share/gnome/gnumeric/1.4.3/doc/C/data-types.xml), i should be able to use ALT+ENTER to add a literal newline within a cell. when i try it, all it does is move to the next row.

any ideas?

This works for me, but I suspect it might be an issue of which "alt" you use.
===================

huh? my keyboard has 2 ALT keys, and they both seem to be doing the same thing.

i also tried ESC+M..., but ESC clears the cell.

--
        ...atom

 PGP key - http://atom.smasher.org/pgp.txt
 762A 3B98 A3C3 96C9 C6B7 582A B88D 52E4 D9F5 7808

        "All censorships exist to prevent anyone from challenging
         current conceptions and existing institutions. All progress
         is initiated by challenging current conceptions, and executed
         by supplanting existing institutions. Consequently, the first
         condition of progress is the removal of censorships."
                -- George Bernard Shaw