Re: Summing range of cells on another Tab

On 10/7/05, Jody Goldberg <jody gnome org> wrote:

What version of gnumeric are you using ?  The cannonical way to
represent what you want is
    races!C14:U14
OOo only understands the simpler syntax
    races!C14:races!U14
due to the way that current versions handle range parsing.
Gnumeric handles both.

The first syntax is more optimal than the 2nd in that the 2nd is
handling the union of the two cell references at run time rather
than when it is entered.  Although I suppose we could spot the
silliness at do a simplification.

Hi,

I'm using Gnumeric 1.4.2 in Ubuntu 5.04 (Hoary Hedgehog). I changed
the formulas to match what was suggested and it works fine that way.

Thanks!
--
Ubuntu :: Linux for Human Beings :: ubuntulinux.org