Re: a compatibility sheet and some results

On Wed, Nov 30, 2005 at 01:13:30AM -0500, Jody Goldberg wrote:
On Wed, Nov 30, 2005 at 12:51:31AM +0000, Nicholas Lamb wrote:

ADDRESS failed because Gnumeric always quotes sheet names

It looks like the sheet name quoting mechanism is overzealous.
I'll have a look.

This is actually an interesting problem that will require some
cleanup to handle.  The lexer was somewhat smarter than the quoting
engine and handled '_', '$', and if the convention allowed it
accepted '.'.  XL also allows '?' and '\\'.

We'll need to make the quoting depend on the convention and sync
those operations.  I don't see us ever handling some of the funky
characters correctly but we should get ascii correct.