Re: gnumeric-list Digest, Vol 13, Issue 4

GOCollab overlaps a lot with the TellTable project (www.telltable.com)
which is mostly an open source project (telltable-s.sf.net). TellTable
allows collaboration on most single-machine programs, but was set up
initially to allow for full audit trail of work on shared spreadsheets,
particularly OO calc. (Only the analyzer of the audit record is non-open,
but all the file formats are open - in fact .sxc.) However, we're now
talking to Jody Goldberg (and work may even be ongoing) on getting the
audit actually into the code. We discovered that TellTable allows for nice
collaboration on lots of codes. Even those strange emanations from Redmond
(run under Linux! Don't tell Bill.)

We're still developing TellTable, as it is essentially a gluing together of
lots of existing pieces, and we're now finding some of the pieces have some
unwanted "features" or behaviour that we've got someone working to purge.

We welcome sharing of ideas. May make things happen faster. The web site
has our papers and presentations over the past couple of years.

John Nash, University of Ottawa

On Sat, 14 May 2005 12:01:19 -0400 (EDT), gnumeric-list-request gnome org