Re: Date arithmetic

On Wednesday 22 June 2005 10:00 pm, Jody Goldberg wrote:
On Wed, Jun 22, 2005 at 09:01:48PM -0500, Dave Feustel wrote:
On Wednesday 22 June 2005 08:41 pm, Jody Goldberg wrote:
On Wed, Jun 22, 2005 at 08:30:21PM -0500, Dave Feustel wrote:

Sounds like another bug in the BSD package.

I have worked my way through my printing problems
What was the solution ?

Adding Headers and Footers, then getting them to print
with the headers and footers, printing to pdf file puts each
sheet on a separate page, which I was previously accomplishing
by printing each sheet to a separate file. Now I just print the entire
spreadsheet to a single pdf file and then print the pdf file using

Gnumeric is no longer crashing on me, but I save my changes frequently
just in case.

This sounds like voodoo.
Something was crashing repeatably it would be nice to know what.

It's not voodoo. I stopped trying to do the things that I had figured
out crashed gnumeric. Yesterday gnumeric went catatonic after I
deleted a pdf file that gnumeric had apparently  not let go of. I aborted
and then restarted gnumeric with no ill effects.

Ideally I would like to be able to recompile Gnumeric from source.
With that capability I could start tweaking the code  :-).
Building gnumeric is fairly trivial at this point _if_ you have the
dependencies installed.  For a system that has not been used for
development there can be a rather significant number of build tools
and development libraries required.
I like to think that I am very good at testing. One of the problems with
reporting bugs in Gnumeric is that the version I'm using has so many
bugs,  possibly because in OpenBSD the user application file structure
is not like other systems.  (Most, if not all application files go into
/usr/local/ rather than into /usr).

Unlikely, gnumeric is completely parallel installable (or at least
it was, libspreadsheet needs versionsing for 1.5.3 to restore this).
I haven't run a copy out of /usr in months.

I will document bugs with bug reports 
more often when I am working with a more current version of Gnumeric.
I see a lot of error messages in the console log - a feature I like since it
shows that gnumeric is aware of things going wrong.

Sounds good.  Detailed problem reports are helpful.

[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]