Re: libgsf question

libgsf is not sufficient for writing Excel files. libgsf handles the ole
container format, but does not help you to generate the Excel (BIFF)
records.

I'm not sure what your requirements are. If there aren't formulas in
your data, and you don't care about formatting, you could get away with
simply writing comma separated (CSV) files, and naming them "foo.xls".
This will fool Excel. If there are formulas and/or formatting, you could
try the Perl module Spreadsheet::WriteExcel, or the Java POI library.

You can also convert a CSV file to a "real" Excel file using the
ssconvert program, which comes with gnumeric. If you get want full
flexibility, and the Perl and Java modules aren't sufficient, you could
even try to write your own program using the Gnumeric machinery.

Hope this helps

Jon Kåre