Re: 'Production Ready'? Not Exactly

On Monday 06 June 2005 08:22 pm, Morten Welinder wrote:
I have to conclude that no one at gnome
actually prints much with this spreadsheet program.

It's hard to figure out exactly what is broken for you.  If it is something
specific, you might want to file a detailed bug report at
http://bugzilla.gnome.org/

The main problem is it seems to be impossible to tell whether the
spreadsheet is too wide for the paper until it is printed. There are
other problems. I create a pdf file, view the file with xpdf, then
print the file with lpr -P aps1 <filename>. More direct methods
don't currently work for me. Overwriting output.pdf crashes
gnumeric 100% of the time.

You should, btw., probably try using a recent version unless you
have very good reasons for staying behind.

I'm running on OpenBSD. While I can keep current on some programs
by recompiling them, gnumeric seems to use everything but the kitchen
sink and I have a slow computer, so I use the OpenBSD gnumeric
package in 3.6 right now. I will upgrade to 3.7 and its gnumeric package
in a month or two when my finances improve.

Two other nits are that gnumeric defaults to A4 and there does not
seem to be a configuration process where I can set printer defaults
(US letter size, print to pdf file) that are convenient for me.