Re: Why I can't import Google AdSense CSV file???

On Fri, 2005-11-02 at 23:30 +0100, Nomine Mutato wrote:
Hi to all. I tried to build a simple analysis system for CSV report by
Google AdSense, but Gnumeric said that it can't import this file because
is unknow format.

If I do ~$ file report.csv from command line /bin/file said:
"report.csv: MPEG ADTS, layer I, v1,  96 kBits, 44.1 kHz, Stereo"

I tried to ~$ cat report.csv | awk '{print $1,$2,$n...}' > myreport.csv,
but myreport.csv is same file of report.csv. It's a binary file!

If I do ~$ strings report.csv result is an empty file!

Can you help me? I can't share my CVS file report, because Google policy
about it forbids that, but if want I can edit this by hand with non true
data, and attach this onto mail message.

Hi,

CSV files (comma separated values) are text files. If you look into the
file using cat or less or more you should see straight text. If you
don't then your file is _not_ a csv file.

Andreas
--
Andreas J. Guelzow
Taliesin Software, Shelties, Pyr Sheps