Re: directly executable Gnumeric (was USB/CD version)

I apparently failed to make clear that my wish is to have an executable of Gnumeric (and other Gnome stuff too) that can be run from CD or USB. I've remastered Knoppix once (see www.telltable.com), but that is a very different situation since one reboots. I'm looking to plug in a USB and run Gnumeric on a "foreign" system without installing it. Some Win apps and some Linux ones can be run this way, but I'm not familiar with the requirements for so doing.

Truthfully, there could be obstacles that render this idea infeasible, but clearly it could make it much easier to "show and tell" and also to get folk trying good applications.

JN