Re: fit to = 0 usability question...

hi Andreas,

On Thu, 2005-04-07 at 22:39 -0600, Andreas J. Guelzow wrote:
I think we all agree that this is far from optimal, but so far nobody
has come up with a better interface. Personally I would like to see 3
radio buttons:
O  Fit to ... pages wide by ... tall
O  Fit to ... pages wide
O  Fit to ... pages tall

or (second choice) a radio button, checkbox combo:

O  Fit to:    x  ... pages wide
              X  ... pages tall

with the special value 0 if used internally hidden from the user.

Unfortunately the dialog is already bursting at the seems and this would
require much more space.

I don't know what excel does.

openoffice 1.1.x only has a % scale and a single digit "fit to n pages"
- not exactly obvious how that works.

ooo 2.x beta has more gnumeric like options, but it hides them within a
drop down menu which then changes the widget next to it. But it doesn't
have the "1 wide any tall" feature as we have.

I might do some glade experimenting to see if I can come up with
something. Hopefully I can come up with a nice proposal. Ease of use in
this feature is really cool because it can be hard to get a spreadsheet
to paper exactly how you want it.

Is it just me or is landscape printing broken?

thanks,
wayne