Re: fit to = 0 usability question...

hi Andreas,

On Thu, 2005-04-07 at 06:59 -0600, Andreas J. Guelzow wrote:
You would be correct if there were a single 0, but the dialog has
separate numbers for pages wide and pages tall. So 1 page wide and 0
pages tall just means reduce the width so that we only use one page wide
but print several pages for the height of the document. This is my
preferred version and I would love that it to default to that but other
users will have other preferences.

Yes ok. "1" and "0" would be a much saner (+ usable) default than "0"
and "0".

Special use of 0 is still not quite intuitive - is it documented? (my
help system is not talking to gnumeric just yet - a quick scan of the
xml shows it isn't.) We should document, it is obviously a useful
feature!

Having said that it is of course trivial to change the default for all
your new documents. Set you preferred version, check `save as default
setting' and click okay.

Yes of course. I am concerned about usability so I want a nice default
for all users. "1" and "0" would do that nicely, while my personal
version would become "1" and "1". :)

thanks,
wayne