gnumeric file format & formulas

Hi,

I'm working on a set of GNU Octave functions to import and export data from gnumeric files and I'd like to make a suggestion:

When parsing the file I've noticed that the current result value is not included for formula cells. This (which MS Excel XML file format does) would be very convenient for importing data outside a spreadsheet, since calculating formulas would really be a non-sense.

BTW, could I do that using a bonobo interface, does that exist? Or perhaps a library? I think that just parsing the xml file is better because it will work everywhere even if gnumeric is not installed (although everybody should ;) ), but perhaps it could be worth if we had formula results.

TIA,

Josep