Re: Offer of service!

I'm not a developer i just lurk here and know a little about how Gnome
projects in general are run.

As with any Gnome project you are always welcome to grab the source code
from anonymous CVS and build a copy of the latest version.  There are no
finished projects, only dead projects.  If you are interested in working
on Gnumeric that is all that is needed to make it appropriate.  (Let me
take this opportunity to be sneaky and suggest you contribute to
Gnome-Office and give yourself a slighly broader project to work within.
Of course my reasons for suggesting that are entirely selfish, I want all
of Gnome office to succeed)

When you have a working up to date build of Gnumeric take a look in
Bugzilla http://bugzilla.gnome.org and look for bugs that interest you in
some way or try and find some bugs that have been marked with the keyword
easy-fix to get started.  As far as I know (and I may well be mistaken I
haven't read much of the mailing list archives) there is no specific TODO
list for Gnumeric besides the reports listed in Bugzilla.

Bonus points if you can generate an Excel document that can crash
Gnumeric, crash bugs are taken extremely seriously.  (I'm almost tempted
to add a message to the end of my email parodying RMS, actually inviting
people to send me excel attachments so that I can help test gnumeric more
often!)

Dont worry, there are always plenty of people willing to help you help
yourself.  Best of luck.

Sincerely

Alan Horkan
http://advogato.org/person/AlanHorkan/

PS I aim only to provide a prompt reply, better more specific answers will
likely follow.