Offer of service!

G'day all,

Im a final-year electrical (& comp. sys) engineering student from
Monash University, Melbourne, Australia, and for my final-year major
project, I have chosen to 'contribute to an open source project'.

I am interested in gnumeric in particular as over last summer I was
employed writing macros in VBA for Microsoft Excel, plus the fact that
being an engineering student, a spreadsheet package seems a natural
choice.

In terms of my aptitude programming- I have always scored very well on
practical programming tests in 'computer' Units studied at uni, but
unfortuantly being only a simple engineer I havn't taken as many as I
would have liked.  I have experience programming in Assembler, C, and
VBA (counting my last summer job).  I'm also in the process of trying
to teach myself C++.

While I cant be sure of my abillities reletive to the task at hand, I
can assure everyone that I have the utmost willingness to devote as
much time and effort to being as useful as I possibly can!

Anyway, I'm hoping the developers/members of this mailing list can
help me out with a few questions.

- Firstly, is this an appropriate package for me to work on?  If
nothing needs to be done/I couldnt do it anyway, could someone please
point me in the right direction to an open-souce project I may be able
to contribute to?

- Secondly, is there a 'TO DO' list for gnumeric, with features that
still need to be implemented?  Or is there someone in particular I
could contact to have a chat to about me contributing to the project.

Many thanks for your help,
Don Permezel

   Monash University (http://www.monash.edu.au)
   djper1 student monash edu au