Re: Reworking Gnumeric's function translations

On Tue, Mar 09, 2004 at 09:30:17PM +0200, Uri David Akavia wrote:

Hm, should the function name really be translated?

Function names are not translated in Hebrew Excel, and so I request that
they do not be translated in Gnumeric.

They are translated in some locale's but not all.  It seems similar
to the handling of the function DOLLAR which returns the locale
currency in euroland, but not japan...  Don't you just love
consistency :-)

This will definitely be optional.

Is converting the code something simple to do?

Rewritingthe code will be trivial.  There's not a huge amount of
code.  What will be more difficult is converting the current
translations into the new format without losing vast swaths of work.
We can automate some of the division, and get rid of the silly
    @FOO
tags.  But some of it didn't have enough structure originally to do
that.  We'll need to go through function by function and make the
split.  Once on module (say all the db functions) is done I'll put
out a call for help converting the others.