Re: Reworking Gnumeric's function translations

 Christian Rose:

Hm, should the function name really be translated?

There a languages having traditions in native-language programming, eg.
Russian. It is quite reasonable to translate in this case, because if user
wants enter a function in Russian and the names are not translated, he must
change the Input Method, ie. he exits the native environment for a while.
For languages not having these traditions .. I dont know what to do. I think,
I will not translate the names. Users would kill me if I should do it :)
In Excel the names are not translated in Estonian, anyway.
Also in KSpread, OO.org etc.

ain