Re: Is anyway to insert latex command to the sheet when saving it to .tex format?

Hi Shixin and Adrian

I embed latex markup thus in my gnumeric document "blah blah blah {\tt something I want in tt font} blah blah". Gnumeric will quote the braces and the blackslash, so that when you latex the file, you'll see literally "blah blah blah {\tt something I want in tt font} blah blah"

I use this sed command to remove the quoting that gnumeric inserts:

sed 's/\\{\$\\backslash\$/\{\\/g
s/\\}/}/g'  <file.tex >fileout.tex

Then "latex fileout.tex" will create the output "blah blah blah *something I want in tt font* blah blah"

I haven't checked this for every possible kind of latex markup type, but you should learn how to use 'sed' to solve your problem- it will help you avoid having to edit the output of gnumeric manually.

Regards
Barry

Adrian Custer wrote:

No, there is no way to do this currently. I've been editing the LaTeX
files directly.

ciao,
adrian