Re: Bug 143988: If cupsd is started before Gnumeric, Gnumeric won't print

On Tue, 2004-06-08 at 21:37, Jody Goldberg wrote:

If I start Gnumeric and then cupsd and then go to print a spreadsheet, the
print page says it is printing to lpr, and it prints properly.

Odd.  Sounds like a gnomeprint issue rather than gnumeric.

In fact it sounds more like a cups issue. If you start cupsd after
gnumeric has been started you will not be using libcups for printing
from gnumeric but feed into lpr (which might be using cups).

I suspect your cups may not be correctly configured.

When you start cupsd before starting gnumeric, which printers appear in
the print dialog?

Andreas
--
Prof. Dr. Andreas J. Guelzow
Dept. of Mathematical & Computing Sciences