Re: Gnumeric default fonts

On Mon, Jul 12, 2004 at 08:16:28PM -0600, Andreas J. Guelzow wrote:
On Mon, 2004-07-12 at 19:56, argus swiftdsl com au wrote:
Greetings,
I have over 300 spreadshets (in gnumeric and excel format) and would like
to set them all to a default font and size, but short of opening them all
individually and resetting them I can't think of a good way to do it. Any
ideas?

The gnumeric files are gzipped xml files. So it should be straight
forward to write a script that gunzips the file, then replaces the Font
specifications:
 <gmr:Font Unit="9" Bold="0" Italic="0" Underline="0"
StrikeThrough="0">Helvetica</gmr:Font>
with the apropriate default font.

Andreas is correct.  Some xslt should work on the .gnumeric files.
For something more extreme you could use ssconvert and some very
simple code changes.  If you tweak the font exporters to hard code
the fontname then do an inplace conversion

    ssconvert orig.xls fontchange.xls

you'd likely get what you need.