Re: gnumeric filter for >>>Excel<<<<

On Tue, 6 Jul 2004, Andrzej Grzegorczyk wrote:

Hello,

I was looking for gnumeric filter for Excel. Does anybody know somthing
about such program. There are always problems with WORD, EXCEL documents
because the file format is not known. Mayby instead of writing Excel
filter for gnumeric it is more easy to write good filter gnumeric file
format for Excel?

Oh that's easy. Just look up excel's bugzilla and submit a feature
request.

Hmm I can't seem to find their bug reporting tool.

I know, subscribe to their mailing and submit a feature request.

Damm can't find that either.

I know, contact someone at MS and offer 2,000,000 dollars to develop a
Gnumeric import filter.

Wait that's not enough to cover all gnumeric features....

Oh well :-)

Best regards
Andrzej

|Andrzej Grzegorczyk                  |
|Experimentele Vaste Stof Fysica III  |
|Universiteit Nijmegen                        |
|Toernooiveld 1, NL 6525 ED Nijmegen  |
|Postbus 9010, NL 6525 GL Nijmegen    |
|The Netherlands                              |
|e-mail andrzej sci kun nl            |
|tel.: +31-24-3653432                 |
|fax.: +31-24-3652620                 |                                       |
             /|\  www.pajacyk.pl
             I L
Pascal Users:
      To show respect for the 313th anniversary (tomorrow) of the
death of Blaise Pascal, your programs will be run at half speed.